HOUSTON, TX – PAS Global, LLC, the leading solution provider of industrial control system (ICS) cybersecurity, process safety, and asset reliability in the energy, power, and process industries announced additional speakers and sponsors for the PAS OptICS 2018 conference. PAS OptICS provides a forum where leaders in critical infrastructure industries share how they are addressing today’s most pressing operational and cybersecurity challenges. PAS OptICS is an essential conference for executives, plant managers, operations managers, cybersecurity personnel, asset owners, and control engineers responsible for safety, security, and operational risk management.
The theme of this year’s conference, “Where OT Security & Safety Intersect,” underscores a focus on real-world solutions to critical infrastructure challenges. The event takes place on April 9-11 in Houston, Texas, and will include industry keynote speakers, thought-provoking panel discussions, and technical tracks featuring best practices and case studies for ICS cybersecurity, safety, and operational risk management.
Conference keynote General Michael Hayden, former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the National Security Agency (NSA), will speak on the changing global threat landscape facing critical infrastructure as well as government’s role in protecting industry. As a veteran intelligence leader, General Hayden was at the helm of our nation’s intelligence agencies during unprecedented global change, terrorism, and a growing cyber threat.
Other confirmed industry leaders presenting or participating at the event include:
- Walter Pinto, Senior Director, Global Projects and Engineering, LyondellBasell
- Harvey Ivey, Vice President of Technical Services, Southern Company
- Chad Vicknair, ICS Cyber Security Consultant, The Chemours Company
- Jason Bottjen, Technology Advisor, Valero Energy Corporation
- Mark Duck, PTE ICS Security, Shell Global Solutions
- Leo Simonovich, Vice President and Global Head, Industrial Cyber and Digital Security, Siemens
- Kristin Hanie, Senior Engineer, Southern Company
- Alex Krongard, Retired Rear Admiral, Former Navy Seal and Managing Director, DCS Advisory
- Dale Peterson, CEO, Digital Bond
- George Reeves, Cyber Security Advisor, Region VI, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Mohd Rashdan Mahmood, Principal (Instrument & Control), PETRONAS
- Paul Berwanger, Process Control Manager, TPC Group
- Todd Gillespie, Operations Leader, Bahrain Petroleum Company
- Jason Haward-Grau, Chief Information Security Officer, PAS Global
- Jeff Cornelius, Executive Vice President of Industrial Control and Critical Infrastructure Solutions, Darktrace Industrial
- Greg Matejka, BES Cyber Support Supervisor, City Water, Light and Power
- Michael Glover, Managing Partner, Fox Three
- David Bennett, Safety and Security SME, Bennett Professional Associates
- Stephanie Neil, Senior Editor, AutomationWorld
- Dwayne Coffey, Operations Management & Technology Principal Program Manager, EPRI
- Bill Hollifield, Principal Alarm Management and HMI Consultant, PAS Global
In addition, PAS OptICS will provide one-on-one training sessions with PAS product experts, numerous networking opportunities, and an industrial technology showcase.
"PAS has assembled an impressive lineup of OptICS speakers and sponsors who are on the front lines of mitigating operational and cybersecurity risk in critical infrastructure," said David Zahn, Chief Marketing Officer and GM of Cybersecurity at PAS Global. "Each speaker understands the unique characteristics of operational technology and has deep experience solving problems facing industrial facilities. OptICS provides attendees the opportunity to network with their peers and gain insights they cannot get at any other industry conference."
OPTICS 2018 INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION
Information on registration and sponsorship opportunities can be found online at optics.pas.com.
Founded in 1993, PAS is a leading provider of software solutions for ICS cybersecurity, process safety, and asset reliability to the energy, process, and power industries worldwide. PAS solutions include industrial control system cybersecurity, automation asset management, IPL assurance, alarm management, high performance HMI™, boundary management, and control loop performance optimization. PAS solutions are installed in over 1,380 facilities worldwide in more than 70 countries. PAS was recently named the #1 Global Provider of Safety Lifecycle Management by ARC Advisory Group including #1 rankings within Chemical, Power Generation, Refining, and Oil & Gas. For more information, visit www.pas.com. Connect with PAS on Twitter @PASGlobal or LinkedIn.